Why Should I change my air filter?
Clean air is a huge part of our everyday life, we enjoy to feel the wind, breath a clean air. If you own an air condition in your home, you change the air filter throughout out the year. Most people forget to change it or ignore it. There is a reason it is required to change the air filter. Here are few reasons why you should think twice before you ignore changing your air filter.
- We all love savings especially when it comes to energy, by not changing your air filter on time, it allows the fan motor to work hard than it is supposed to, which it consume more energy . just by changing your air filter on time, it would help you save money on energy.
- The restriction of the airflow into the HVAC system air handler could cause some strain on the air handler fan and motor for a while which might cause the system to overheat and fail.
- Healthy air quality: If you have pets in your house, it is necessary to keep your air filter clean because the pet dander will build up in the system and spread allergens and affect anyone who might suffer from allergies or asthma.
- Most people might not even know where the air filter is located which is most likely to be next to the furnace or air conditioning system air handler.
- Most HVAC professional would recommend to change your air filter every 4 to 6 weeks.
If you have a question about your air conditing o or plumbing services, you can always contact Elite Heating & Air at 941-377-6962